Thursday, June 20, 2024

75

Today was the long ride back to southern Wisconsin. 

The drive along Lake Superior is pretty, but you could still see the brown silt from the storm the previous days.

At Silver Bay, there was a scenic overlook, so we took it.

 

Silver Bay, Minnesota - overlooking the taconite plant

The drive back goes near my parent's farm, so we stopped for lunch and a little exercise. This is a bike we got at a garage sale back in the late-80s probably. The sticker price of $2 is still on the bike.


I didn't realize this, but my Dad had tried re-creating the village he stayed at in Vietnam in the 60s. It was something he worked on a few years back. I think I can get it into a digital format.

explaining the map

And here it is up close - it's a big sheet of paper, so I'll find a way to make it more readable.


Almost every day with a grandkid involves a tea party. I partook this time as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment

64

Today is Kai's birthday. I know because the toaster strudel has his name on them. the one on the right has his name  After breakfast, he...