Sunday, August 4, 2024

30

Today was a bit all over the place. It continues to be quite hot and humid, meaning we spend more time inside.

The Olympics continue, but today is the day the guy from my hometown runs. He made it to the finals of the Men's 100m.


He was the last one to qualify in this field, but didn't finish last. He is the runner at the top.


He will be running the relay race later this week. He was in the Tokyo Olympics, so this might be it for him.

At lunch this afternoon, we had a visitor. I'm hoping animals wandering from the retention pond across to street to our yard is not a trend.

we call this woodchuck "Danders"

Kai had a late lunch today. I made him the pretzels from a few days ago. He put butter on the top and started eating. Then he freaked out when he saw blood on the pretzel - I knew it was from a top tooth that had been bugging him. I then cut up the pretzel into smaller pieces, but didn't serve him the parts with the blood on it.

In the evening as I was putting plates in the dishwasher, I heard something when I moved his plate. I thought it was small LEGO piece that somehow got on his plate. Upon closer inspection, I noticed a tooth. It was the tooth that put blood on his pretzel. He didn't realize the tooth had come out. I feel lucky to have found the tooth. It could have easily ended up on the sink.

Here is the "after" photo when we all realized his tooth was gone.

tooth fairy coming tonight

He lost his other front tooth on April 21, meaning the other tooth hung on for 105 more days.

The other photos are of a cupcake recipe we found in our daily calendar.



The inside had red strawberry filling.









No comments:

Post a Comment

0

Today is the day. When I went to wake him, he said he was pretending to get an x-ray, which is what they use those heavy lead blankets for. ...