Saturday, August 10, 2024

24

Today was a little slower than typical. Kai had a nap during the middle part of the day, meaning Sunflower Days and The Little Gym were not happening today.

After a trip to the recycling center, the "Cars Curing Kids" event was at the airport. It is a free event to raise funds for kids with cancer, so I like to take advantage of the close proximity. I normally like to lean up next to a car that costs the same amount as our home.


  




I only spent about 30 minutes here. The last vehicle I was looking at was the Tesla Cybertruck. There is one around town, but this one had California plates. I took some pictures, then a guy comes up to me and asks me if I want to get in. I go toward the passenger seat, then he says, "no, driver seat." I gladly take him up on the offer and give him my camera so he can snap some pictures.



inside display screen is huge


The guy lives part time in California and the other part of the year in Wisconsin. He agrees the vehicle is ugly (see the dumpster fire magnet), but he says it handles really well. Unlike many Tesla's, it does not have autopilot. Tesla waits until there are 20,000 vehicles like it on the road so it has a good dataset to activate the software for autopilot (he told me there are 18,000 like it on the road today). He spent $107,000 on the vehicle, but he said it would cost about $80,000 for the same vehicle next year.

In the afternoon, we went down to the basement to see some toys we haven't played with in a while. We found spiral art.


In the evening, we did some rock painting with Ardro.


We'll see what Sunday brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

0

Today is the day. When I went to wake him, he said he was pretending to get an x-ray, which is what they use those heavy lead blankets for. ...