Sunday, July 21, 2024

44

Just looking at the numbers, we're about half done with summer vacation 2024. Personally, I think the highlight was Isle Royale National Park and getting back to Opera in the Park after having not been there for at least 7 or 8 years.

Today's highlight was to meet Gammie and Auntie Dawn at the Janesville Rotary Gardens. Janesville isn't exactly a midpoint, but it is a destination somewhere near the middle of the NW suburbs and Middleton. The garden was in full bloom, which was nice to see. Here are some photos that were taken.

obligatory selfie

His highlight is to play gatekeeper. It is what he said was his favorite moment.

gate at the Japanese area of the garden

I did like this video showing the scene from the long and winding bridge.


From the long and winding bridge you could see this northern. I don't think I've seen anything but bluegills here, so this was fun.

the northern pike lurks

Here is a photo I took to help set the scene of the day.

from the far NE corner where a new restroom facility is

Sometimes I forget to take a picture of us having lunch. This was at the very end. I'm not sure if anyone saw this photo coming...but I always like to have a lunch photo.

we tilted the umbrella to help create better shade

Here is another photo before we left. I did my best to get the flowers in the foreground.


The art for the summer has to do with owls. Naturally the one with LEGO was his winner.


At home, we played with the tractor and flatbed he got from the garden. My role was to play with the helicopter. Growing up, the neighbor's farm field was 1 mile long, and they used a helicopter to spray herbicide. I still remember waking up to that helicopter flying back and forth.


We'll see what the 2nd half of summer vacation has in store for us. I'm hopeful it is less rainy. It rained quite a bit from 5PM to 7PM again tonight.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

0

Today is the day. When I went to wake him, he said he was pretending to get an x-ray, which is what they use those heavy lead blankets for. ...