Monday, August 19, 2024

15

Today's blog goes a bit all of the place.

First off, Lucy said she would drop some bread off for us at 7:50AM. She started making bread over the past few years, and wanted to make us a little as a thanks for the sleeper sofa.

a loaf for us and one for Brandon

 After I dropped Kai off at summer camp, I met my Mom's first cousin Chuck from New Orleans. We had coffee for an hour. His daughter is a teacher in the Middleton-Cross Plains school district, and he needed to get up here to see her before school started. Chuck and his wife Cathy just got back from a tour of Scotland.

Chuck is finally retired (he had been enjoying part-time work at Tulane since 2013)

After Chuck left Middleton, he was headed to Manitowoc, where he would meet his sister Maureen and her husband Warren and my parents for a little bit.

back row left to right, Lloyd, Donna, Chuck Reindl, Maureen Gaffney, Warren Gaffney

Later, my parents would complete their state of Wisconsin tour by visiting my brother on his birthday in Chippewa Falls. My brother just got back from fishing in Canada. He said it was nice and the water was very calm up there.


When I picked up Kai from school, he didn't have any fancy LEGO or anything else built, so him and Audra just posed here.


A few drone photos from the evening.




And then a trip to the playground before the blue supermoon - which we cannot see yet because of clouds.


We are still awaiting some photos from the firemen/firetrucks that were at Little Red today.

The 9PM update, here's the moon...




No comments:

Post a Comment

0

Today is the day. When I went to wake him, he said he was pretending to get an x-ray, which is what they use those heavy lead blankets for. ...