Sunday, August 18, 2024

16

We went to mass with my parents at 8AM. I think they like to see different churches to compare to their own. I know they have done some rearrangement at their church to put more items in the center (alter/tabernacle, etc), which is something that St. Bernard's has done recently.

After mass, Barbie played the piano.


This is the last weekend that is a somewhat free one. Next weekend is Middleton's festival, followed by Septemberfest.

We normally do one Dells day per Summer. Today was that day. I remember a family vacation in 1987 to the Dells. I think it is the last time my parent's actually had seen what it looks like in the summer. Much has changed.


Of course, they have never been on a Duck either then. The Ducks are an easy thing to do without a lot of waiting, so they're perfect.











Then the quietest place we could find in the Dells for lunch. There really aren't any quiet places.




He liked playing in the sand, even without beach clothes on.


Then to Dells mining to see what precious rough gems we could find.





My parent's are off to Manitowoc to see my Mom's first cousin Maureen. Ironically, Maureen's brother is Chuck who we have met in New Orleans twice. Chuck has a daughter in Middleton, and he is in town tonight. I will meet him in the morning for an hour, and then he is driving to Manitowoc to meet his sister Maureen and my parents. I'm happy it worked out this way (it was not planned).


No comments:

Post a Comment

0

Today is the day. When I went to wake him, he said he was pretending to get an x-ray, which is what they use those heavy lead blankets for. ...